Music Lessons at Major Arcana
So you've decided to take lessons - welcome! Whether you're a fresh beginner, coming back to it after many years, or started your musical adventure on a different instrument, we'll work with you to cultivate a personalized learning experience.
Major Arcana Music Studio is a two-person operation on the business side of things, and as a small studio, this gives us the opportunity to tailor lessons to individual students based on their needs and interests. As performers ourselves, we constantly strive to grow as musicians and bring back those real-world experiences into the lesson studio. We emphasize a foundation of music reading and theory skills, especially for young learners, and incorporate games and popular tunes to make lessons fun!
We are currently welcoming new students of all levels. Standard lessons are offered on a weekly basis for 30 minutes per week; we offer a price break for families with multiple students (immediate household only). Intermediate and advanced students can enroll in 60 minute lessons, which also come with a small discount. We also have a flexible scheduling option to ensure that nobody gets left out of the music-making process. Contact us today for rates and more information!
Why choose Major Arcana for lessons?
- You're supporting a local business, conveniently located just steps away from Downtown Frederick's theatre district!
- Quiet lesson environment: we love brass instruments, but when a piano lesson shares a wall with a trumpet lesson, it can be distracting and frustrating! Our current studio is equipped for one lesson at a time: quality of lessons is valued over the quantity of lessons taught. We'll hopefully move to a bigger space someday, but our priority will always be to keep lessons focused and distraction-free.
- As experienced composers and arrangers, we can almost always ensure that our students are able to play the music they are passionate about at any skill level.
- We do our best to accommodate busy families on a budget by offering flexible scheduling options where a standard once-a-week lesson format may not be feasible. We also offer a sibling discount for multi-student families, and lunch hour scheduling for adult students.
- As a business run by teachers, our top mission is to provide quality music education with fair policies. We don't try to sell you things or charge unnecessary registration fees, and we do our best to keep our make-up lesson policy as accommodating as possible.
- We value individuality: our lessons provide a welcoming environment in which our students can feel comfortable in expressing themselves.